ieltscommunity3

Friday, May 27

It's Friday again ...

Good evening, I-match folk!

What a match,eh? It was an amazing comeback, wasn't it? Certainly worth staying up till 2.00am, wasn't it?
What's that? You DON'T like football? You think it's OVERRATED and a WASTE of TIME, MONEY and ENERGY?

How sad! I had one of the most sublime sporting experiences of my life watching Liverpool come back from the dead and beat the Italian aristocrats AC Milan, who were leading 3 - 0 at half time...
The moral is, my dear I-match folk is never, ever give up and keep plugging away, against all the odds. OK then, what were you doing on Wednesday evening that was more memorable - some IELTS reading/listening etc etc etc? Come on, get a life, enjoy!

Anyway, the third week is looming and the temperature is hotting up in more ways than one. I've read your mid-course feedback, thanks - you asked for more speaking, so we have a debate tomorrow on computers and I'll try to set up another debate for TUESDAY 31 May, OK? I hope tomorrow's debaters have been liaising (nb correct spelling) witheach other.

Talking of TUESDAY 31 May, how about AFAQ AFAQ AFAQ AFAQ AFAQ AFAQ AFAQ AFAQ
coming in to brief us on his IELTS test yesterday? Afaq, please, please, please can you help us, please?

OK then I-match people, if you have read this post then please make me a COMMENT below. Otherwise I'll write you off as a a bunch of "wussies" who are too "wet" to help themselves.

Right then, give me your comments and plans for the next two weeks - did ANYONE use the Learning Zone on Thursday? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, "no pain, no gain..."

Will check for comments/responses before I hit the pit. Use the blogmember account if yours does not work.

bfn

Tony

Where are you?
What are you?
Any news of Ahmed and Suha - the two MIA students?

1 Comments:

  • Thank you my three stalwarts - the others are real wussies, aren't they?

    Well done with all the prep work and studying - it WILL pay off.

    Jithu, actually I never said specifically you can borrow books from the LZ. There are guided readers and listening books (I think) but nothing IELTS related as such. Yasmeen pls correct me if I'm wrong. See Sara at the front desk - she can help you with signing out books. We'll check again tonight.

    As I said to Shyma, the only other IELTS coursebook that I recommend is "Focus on IELTS" by Sue O'Connell - it's a complete preparation for the Academic IELTS and is excellent - check it out!

    As for the other other 15 I-match bloggers, I hope you slept well and will wake up in time to save yourselves.

    bfn

    Tony

    By Blogger Tony Beale, at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home